Shattered Realms: Mortal Tale
A downloadable game for Windows
Shattered Realms: Mortal Tale is a fantasy rpg made in RPG Maker XP by DracoWyrm Media. The game is expected to be more than 15 hours for the main plot, but potentially far more with the side content.
- Hours of story, side content, and hidden lore
- Choice based narrative - your decisions and actions affect the final outcome
- Sprinting and Jumping
- Expansive overworld to explore and discover hidden towns and secret locales
- Skill point based skill unlocking along with level based skills for a more customization playthrough experience.
- Party members with their own story, and opinions of you as you progress through the story.
- Death Curse System - You stand in Death's way, and to stop you, he has placed a curse upon your soul. Defeat monsters to stave off the constantly ticking Death Timer or suffer a massive debuff that can easily result in a game over.
- Customize your class, gender, and give your character its own identity.
Majoria, a continent who had long experienced peace and tranquility is rattled by the proclamation of the Prophets lead by Prophet Me'zhad, an Age of Chaos was descending upon them, and it would reshape the land forever. Outraged, the nobility laughed in Me'zhad's face. However, it was then that the being who proclaimed himself as Death appeared, laying waste to the kingdom.
Prophet Me'zhad fled, but his fellow Prophets were persecuted, the people choosing to blame them, and soon he was the last standing. He held faith that the second half of the prophesy would come true, the arrival of the chosen of the Gods, a hero. But, none came, and Majoria's suffering worsened. Blaming himself for all that happened, Me'zhad returned to the ruins of the castle where it all began. There, a mysterious goddess promised to bring with her the Hero from the Underworld, though many years may pass...
...500 years later, a nameless soul wakes, and your story begins.
The Main Character, named Nero by default. Their story is lost to time, with only fleeting glimpses of the past emerging. They are cursed by Death, making their goal of defeating Death not only a matter of saving the world, but themselves as well.
The Spirit Guide, the first ally you acquire in the story. They have a shared history with Nero, and seem to remember more of it than they do. They possess the ability to sense information in the very land itself, revealing ancient secrets.
A resident of Hanaru Village, the town Nero wakes up in. Antisocial and distrusting because of the abuse the villagers give her for possessing magic, she is closed off and she doesn't speak much of her past.
A mighty barbarian of the Anima race, Rivia asserts dominance in battle and in the party. She aids the Player in a run in with wolves, with the interest of speaking with Baron Radel, the leader of Hanaru. She prefers talking with her fists over diplomacy.
A noble Paladin hailing from the Order of Lost Light, she investigates a mysterious wintry blight in the Sacred Valley. Easily described as a goody goody two shoes and a stickler for the rules, she is on a mission beyond merely ascertaining the threat of demons in far off lands...
- AoDLegacy - Artist, Main Writer, Map Designer, Secondary Composer
- Brooke Verel - Character and Cutscene Artist
- Zephyr - Monster Designer and Battle Background Artist, UI
- Jeff Lawhead - Composer
Looking For: Pixel Artist (Sprites and Tilesets)
Other: Eric Matyas, Prior Composer
If you do not download the RPG Maker XP RTP (Run Time Package) prior to downloading the game it will not run. Please make sure to download it (here) before starting your download.
If you have any bugs or issues, please forward them to AoDLegacy on the community's bug desk or contact him directly with this email: email@example.com
|Updated||3 days ago|
|Made with||RPG Maker, Adobe Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Clip Studio Paint, GIMP|
|Tags||Character Customization, Classes, Dark Fantasy, Dragons, Exploration, Fantasy, JRPG, Meaningful Choices, Multiple Endings, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Links||Twitter, Community, Homepage, Blog, Support, FAQ|
Before you download SR:MT, Please download the RPG Maker XP RTP located here! Your download will not work without the RTP!
Run Time Package stores all the default graphics provided by the engine, without this package, your computer will not be able to run the game.
It is generally best to keep the game in a custom games folder as opposed to your profile folder or desktop. I have heard reports of the engine disliking running from those two locations. Let us know if you have any issues at blake@dracowrym, and we will do our best to get to you.
- Week 4 Devlog - Tech Demo Finale and Balancing3 days ago
- Week 3 Devlog - Quick Update8 days ago
- Week 2 Devlog - Playable State24 days ago
- Week 1 Devlog - The Basics31 days ago
- Engine Switch to MV and What to Expect43 days ago
- General Update on Project84 days ago
- DracoWyrm Media Project OutlookMar 10, 2019
- General UpdateJan 27, 2019